Creating History will feature six individuals and how they are leaving their mark on the world through compassion for others.
WCIU, The U, Wigel Broadcasting’s independent in Chicago, is airing a 30-minute special highlighting local community activists working to create meaningful change.
Creating History airs Sunday afternoon, Feb. 3, at 12:30.
Hosted by Jordan Cornette and Felicia Lawrence, the program will feature six people showcasing how they are leaving their mark on the world through compassion for others.
• Love Grady created a movement to help feed Chicago’s homeless community.
• Keven Stonewall Jr., a Loyola University medical student who began his studies at the school at the early age of 17, encourages kids to follow their dreams.
• Illi D. Williams is an up-and-coming rapper from Chicago who’s also a teacher at Betty Shabazz International Charter School.
• Jayera Griffin, a 15-year-old community influencer from Riverdale, Ill., is helping to raise money to purchase resources for the residents in her town.
• Tonika Johnson, an Englewood artist who’s using the power of photography to place a positive spotlight on her neighborhood.
• And Midge Welch, a local hairstylist who goes beyond beauty by organizing events that help give back to children across the city.